Clearly I stink at keeping up a blog! 🙂 Only a few  things have happened this past year 😉 In May we accepted the referral of “C” who is now in a foster home and 6 months old! I may be a bit biased but he hosts the cutest baby fro I’ve ever laid eyes on…and those eyes! They make a little swoony every time I flip through the photos. We have passed court and our i600 was approved this past week. We’re (im)patiently waiting for the US investigation which has been taking anywhere from 3-6 months to be completed. That being said, Congo has stopped issuing exit permits and we have no way of knowing when they or if they will start issuing them again. Please be praying for all the families who are stuck in country right now waiting to see if they’ll be able to leave the country with their kiddos or not. Such a heartbreaking situation and I can’t imagine being so close and having to leave a child behind for who knows how long. 

We knew the Congo was unstable as over the past year things have changed, been rearranged, or temporarily haulted. We don’t know what this means for our family or for our little “C”. But we know God has already seen the ending He knows what’s up ahead. We’ll wait with an aching in our heart and praying for the day this little boy no longer goes to bed without kissies from Naenae and a forehead bump from his big brother!

As some of you may know, my Dad has recently been diagnosed with stage iv melanoma. Two years ago he noticed a mole on the top of his head that had turned painful. He had it removed, biopsied, and returned to the dermatologist on a strict regimen. A few months ago he had a persistent cough and noticeable drop in energy. He went to the Dr. where they did a lung x-ray and noticed nodules on his lung. He then had a biopsy done and a pet scan which showed a mass in his lung, in his lower abdomen, and several nodules in each lung. It has taken several weeks to finally get the definite diagnosis of melanoma. 

My dad has 2 treatment options and he’s opting to do the most vigorous option first. He will go in tomorrow for a brain mri to check for any brain mets, if any are present he will not be eligible at this time to move forward with the IL-2 treatment. IF everything is clear tomorrow he will then go in Friday for a stress test and a pulmonary function test to make sure he will be able to handle this treatment. PLEASE join us in praying for a clear mri, and an awesome stress and pulmonary function test! I am pleading for you to join us in prayer 🙂 Updates to come!

Redemption is beautiful!



You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise my soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You’ve never failed and You won’t start now

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s